OWNER OF ACI BOATS BRINGS OVER 25 YEARS OF BOAT BUILDING STRENGTH
Proven Performance, Expertise & High Quality Craftmanship
CORY ARMSTRONG is a highly respected aluminum boat builder with decades of hands-on experience and a talent for head-turning design. As a teenager growing up in the islands off British Columbia, Canada, Cory and his brother built an aluminum skiff for their own use and were then asked to produce similar boats for other area residents. From those modest beginnings, Cory went on to gain comprehensive management experience overseeing the entirety of the boat building process from design inception through production to vessel delivery.
For the past 20 years Cory has been most well known in the industry as a partner in Armstrong Marine, where he managed the construction of vessels for the leisure, commercial, government and sport fishing sectors. He was also involved in the startup of Moose Boats. In 2015 he formed his own company, Armstrong Consolidated, LLC (parent company of ACI Boats and Gold Star Marine), so he could fulfill his vision of building commercial and recreational welded aluminum boats in the 24’ to 60’ range.
Cory is a USCG 100 Ton Master with an Auxiliary Sail & Towing Endorsement, logging sea time in waters around the world. He is also a certified welder, private pilot and scuba diver. A strong believer in designing and implementing business and production processes that work, Cory is an advocate for Lean Manufacturing and in 2014 became a certified ISO auditor.
• AWS, USCG & CWB Certified Welder
• Society of Naval Architects & Marine Engineers
• Garthside Naval Academy (Sydney, B.C.): Naval Architecture
• Commercial Driver’s License (Washington State)
• Canadian and US Private Pilot
• PADI Scuba Diver Certified
• USCG 100 Ton Master with Auxiliary Sail & Towing Endorsement
• ISO Certified Auditor
• Northwest Marine Trade Association
• American Boat and Yacht Council
• National Federation of Independent Business
• Sea Plane Pilots Association
• Dual Citizenship (US & Canada)